Premise: Set in Depression-era Franklin County, Virginia, a trio of bootlegging brothers are threatened by a new special deputy and other authorities angling for a cut of their profits.
RottenTomatoes Score: 67%
This not-Gangster Squad prohibition period piece boasts an excellent cast that drew our eye. The setting is pretty cool too and Guy Pearce’s trainwreck of a haircut needed to be delved into.
In this episode:
- IT (spoiler-free)
- The Defenders on Netflix
- Morgan Freeman impressions
Questions we ask:
- Do the Bondurant’s deserve their own feature film?
- How does this movie leverage it’s deep and talented ensemble cast?
- Are we ‘in’ or ‘out’ on Dane DeHaan as an actor?
- Is Jessica Chastain scorching hot? (hint: yes)
- Authentic accents at the expense of understanding the dialogue: worth it or nah?
Scott (or Uncle Scootz) is a business analyst in Charlotte, NC. After graduating from Clemson University and enjoying some time in Atlanta, Scott has embraced the Queen City. He likes basketball, board games, Back to the Future, and his Baby Little Pug named Mickey. Yell at him on instagram at breakdown_scott!