076: The Rock
Premise: A funky chemist and a mysterious ex-con lead a counterstrike against a renegade general and a rogue group of military men who threaten a nerve gas attack against San Francisco from their base in Alcatraz.
Rotten Tomatoes Score: 66%
We know, we know. We told you guys we’d be watching The Last Samurai, but most of our friends and family groaned when we said that. We don’t know why, and maybe we won’t ever know. But we decided to change course and watch a film that is beloved by all — The Rock.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Daredevil, Season 2
- The Good Place
- Icarus on Netflix
- The series finale of Party of Five
Questions We Ask:
- Is this Michael Bay’s best work?
- What makes this film so damn enjoyable?
- What are the actual problems with the film?
- How many stars, hey it’s that guys, and future stars can you fit in one picture?
- Why do pre-9/11 terrorist plots feel so silly?
Max is a marketing copywriter by day, filmmaker and screenwriter by night. He resides in Charlotte, NC, and loves his dogs, watching movies, building LEGO sets, and eating food. Lots of food.You can find Max at his personal website and twitter.